New Year, New Calm Palette

 

IMG_0722Happy New Year everyone! Now that the cold weather has a firm grip on Ottawa and Noah somewhat consistently naps in the afternoon, I am ready to hook. I have some pattern ideas on the back burners, but this week I have been inspired by colour. The holidays were hectic and 2013 was a hard year globally speaking. With the new year, I wanted to feel calm. Temperatures are well below freezing and looking outside, I am surrounded by Winter calm. Keep reading below for the colours.


The yarn I am currently working with from Red Heart are CafĂ© Latte (brown), Aran (beige), Light Blue, Pale Plum (purple), Light Raspberry. So far I am working on a set of 4 mermaids, but I may  expand these colours to bunnies and turtles.

IMG_0715IMG_0717IMG_0720

Comments

  1. I love these calm colours! I find the light blue, plum, and beige in particular remind me of the prism of colours when winter sunshine sparkles on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful description :) I thought about using green as a transition to Spring, but it didn't feel right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts