Monday Musings: Back to Work

 

As I mentioned in my previous post, I took a break from The Silver Hook in August for a family vacation in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Long car travel with a 4 month old baby (and a pair of cats) was a learning experience, but the whole trip was fantastic. We climbed a mountain, went swimming in the ocean, did a little geocaching, visited The Fortress of Louisbourg and Village Historique Acadien.  Below are pictures from Village Historique Acadien: a woman using a drop spindle to spin wool and some naturally dyed wool yarn.

IMG_7375IMG_7368

My crocheting during the month was mostly of a crochet a christening gown for Noah. The gown I had worn 31 years ago was much too small for Noah (born at 9lbs 11oz), but I used it as a template when making his. A few friends suggested that I turn his gown into a pattern. Figuring out the stitch counts for various sizes would take time, but if there is interest, I may do it this winter. Do you think I should write up this pattern? Leave you thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook.

IMG_7102IMG_7034

Now it is time to get back into the swing of things. This year I am so busy with Noah, I have only committed to one show, Hal-Con, in November. Also,  Fiddleheads is expanding to a second store and I am busy making more toys for them.

Comments

Popular Posts